Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Long Jeepney Ride


3rd year. I think our whole school would be having an activity if I'm not mistaken there would be an intersection contest. I was supposed to ride the 1st jeepney with most of my classmates but H told me to have the next ride and wait for a few more minutes for my last classmate. Turned out our other classmate would still need a little more time he was still busy with some other stuff. So, we decided to go ahead. We were three that time. Me, H and another guy friend. We were heading to a friend's house to have some practice, don't really remember about what.

He kept on staring at me.
Feeling awkward I asked, "Huy! Ano? Bakit? May sasabihin ka?" 
He smiled and looked like he wanted to blurt out something but stocked.
And then the other guy laughed. "Hahahaha! Wala na kasing sabit eh no?"
"Ha??" I asked.
"Basted na si.. diba??" 
"So? Oo. Bakit?"
"Gusto kita eh."
"Seryoso ka? Hahahaha! Ewan ko sayo! Che! Hahaha!"


And then the whole jeepney ride was silent. I think he understood my reaction he did not bother to ask more about anything under the sun which we easily and normally do when we were together because we were so comfortable and we normally had free flowing conversations not until that day. I felt like the jeepney ride was taking too long or I just wanted to get out.


The second I stepped out of the jeepney, I felt like I don't want to have conversations with him for now or until tomorrow or until next week. Basta. Ayoko muna sya kausap. Alam naman nya na ayaw ko sa friendship na may halong feelings tapos gaganon ganon sya. Bahala sya. For some time, my girl friend noticed my actions why we looked like we don't get along well that for days so I told her then she understood right away. That's me, friendship over if feelings get mixed up.

For days or weeks he went to our house but I said some excuses that I can't let him in. Some days we did not talk, but I figured he's the friend I would like to keep so I decided to forget about what he said and act like he did not tell me anything. I think he felt the same way so in time we were comfortable again and talked about mostly about anything. He redirected his feelings to another person, he told me about it again and then everything went back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment